Monday, April 3, 2017

Getting Started


We are the Woolard's and we are adopting from India! This is our story, with the major players and our motivation for completing our family through adoption.

We are a family of five. Our three daughters are all vastly different. Maddison is our oldest and completely fits the bill. She is a gymnastics loving, little sister bossing, and Jesus spreading 7 year old.

 

Jacquie is our middle daughter. She loves everyone and everything. I have never meet a person with as big of a heart and Christ-like love as Jacquie. She never lets us leave the house in the mornings without taking our vitamins, and just cares deeply for everyone she comes into contact with. She is 5 going on 30.



Charlotte is our family clown. She is almost 2 and has an amazing sense of humor, despite the early onset of the "terrible two's". She loves to sing, dance, chase her sisters, and EAT.


Then there is Brandon and I. Brandon works as a business banker in our community. He loves fishing, spending time with our girls, and studying deeper into the Bible. I (Ashley) am an 8th grade science teacher. Teaching and helping kids is my biggest passion in life. I love spending time with our amazing family, crocheting, and going to concerts.



Our motivation for adopting is multifaceted and stems from the passion to be a witness for the love and hope of Jesus.  The Bible shares, so many times, the importance for caring for all people. With this knowledge, we knew that to be a true witness of the love we are blessed with, we need to show others this same act of becoming part of a family.

James 1:27 
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Matthew 18:5
“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,”

Acts 7:21
“And when he was exposed, Pharaoh’s daughter adopted him and brought him up as her own son.” 

Also, I have my own story of being a lost young person in need of a family. I was raised in a difficult home. My parents struggled with parenting my sister and I. At 18 I was introduced in to my high school counselors family. They have been the family I never knew I could have. They taught me how to admit when I failed and how unconditional love with help cover many wounds. Without them I know that I would not be the person I am today.


We cannot wait to see how this journey will unfold. I am looking forward to sharing each step with you all through this blog. Thank you all so much for all the support and prayers. You love and cherish each of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment